The year is ending and it’s time to have a small retrospective around the goals I wanted to accomplish in 2009.
- create a system to organize my projects, tasks and get things done.
–> Done!, using GTD and the 7 Habits.
- digitize all my photos and put them online on Flickr.
–> Unfortunately when I lost my job in Yahoo, I lost also my Flickr Pro account and I discover (!) that the free account gives you the possibility to upload only 200 pictures and to have only a few sets. That means, I need another system (I decided that I will pay the money to have my own web site instead of upgrading to the Flickr account), so this will be postponed.
- Progress with home works, i.e. realize as many as possible sub-projects from the House Backlog.
–> Done, from staircase decorating to basement redesign. Having more free time helped a lot!
- Find a new job which is suiting my interests and skills.
–> Done, even if it took longer than expected.
- Start a process to improve my professional brand, especially online.
As sub-projects: bring the blog (this one) to the next level reaching 50 posts, improving the design and writing regularly, ideally reaching the frequency of once per week.
–> Done, the process started, I have now a list of sub-projects and several are completed or almost. For example, the blog has now more than 50 posts and the last ones are happening every week.
- Professional brand: another sub-project is to create a web site to act as the home repository of my resumé etc.
–> Partially done, the we site is 80% complete (sigh).
- prepare a financial plan
–> Not done! I postponed this until I had the new job and new incomes.
- Progress with garden works, i.e. realize as many as possible sub-projects from the Garden Backlog.
Done! All the south part is completed and all the wooden elements (as fences) are mounted and in place.
- Running: run a 5 or 10 km race, train 3-times per week and be able to run without pauses at least 60 minutes.
–> All done! I did a 10km race in June and can run 90 minutes.
- Fitness: decrease my weight from 77 kg to 70 kg and my wrist-line from 96cm to 83cm.
–> All done! Even too much, my weight is now 67 kg … I need to gain now!
- Put all films, which are on tape, in a digital format on the pc.
–> Not done! Postponed.
- Install a media center next to the tv set, in order to see video on demand and listen to my music library.
–> Not done, postponed to better (financial) times
- learn something new: improve my java programming skills.
- improve my german language skills.
- to have the ultimative pc system: desktop, notebook and NAS working together.
–> Not done, postponed to better (financial) times.
- downshifting: have less, do less.
–>Partially done! At least I started, getting rid of a lot of old stuff and did not buy anything new but I still have a long way to go…